View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 05:52 PM

Peter D is on a distinguished road
2004 X5 Bluetooth / Assist / phone type

I'm new to my 2004 X5, 3.0 (build 3-04) and this site and hope that someone can answer my question.

My car has NAV and Assist, I'd like to integrate a Bluetooth phone into the car but in reading some existing posts, it appears I have to loose the Assist. Is this correct? the car has the pairing button on the wheel and I'm at a loss to figure out why BMW would put in a feature like Assist to have it negated if you integrate a phone or the factory CPT9000 as an accessory.

I spoke to a CSR at BMW NA and while they didnt have all the info I would have liked, they did reference a part number 84-11-6-946-993, a module that replaces the TCU?? What does this do?

I would appreciate as much detail as possible to sort this out, it seems logical that if the 05 has the ability to have Assist and Bluetooth together that BMW has reversed engineered a solution to fit a 1 year old car.

As for a cell phone, my carrier Verizon is CDMA, the factory CPT9000 in this format is a Motorola V60s. I understand its a basic phone which is great for me, I want a phone for business callng and not a GameBoy, so the loss of camera and "get it now" and all of the toys is welcome. Can anyone report on this phone (or similar alternative) and its BMW docking cradle, good or bad??

Thanks......looking forward to the reply

Sponsored Links