View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 08:04 AM

ccfj1 is on a distinguished road
OK, 2008-1 UK and Euro template for adding Speed cameras.

Please note, there is a Euro Speed camera database made up from FREE Public domain websites that I have included, there are no copyright Databases in this zip file, this database is not complete, and is just the ones I could find free, if anyone wants to send me more, then do so, but they must be freely available and Public Domain.

So Let me repeat that statement THERE ARE NO COPYRIGHTED DATABASES IN THIS ZIP FILE, ALL THE DATABASE INFO WAS FREELY SOURCED, from Public Domain websites.

All the database files contain the SAME free EU data only, the UK database is not really a UK DB, it's the same (identical) as the EU data base and is there for reference only and will not show any UK cameras on the Nav display.

Here is a quick summary of what you need to do, I'll assume you know how to make (read and burn) an image of the map disc.

1) Make an ISO image of the 2008-1 DVD
2) IF IN THE UK; Download the Speed camera database in ASC form from Pocket GPS World, you need to subscribe to download, but it only costs £2 for a month's subscription or £19 for a year.
3) Find and download the following files into one folder: (use search).
a) POI Convertor
b) ASCI to IDX/URL Mk4 convertor
4) Run the POI convertor on the .ASC file from Pocket GPS world, save it as a TomTom ASCII (*.ASC) file. This changes the structure slightly.
5) Run the asc2idxurl_mk4.exe program from the command prompt in the folder you downloaded everything to, make sure that there is only one .ASC file, the one saved from the POI convertor.
Use the following command line :
high: asc2idxurl_mk4 ENG CAMERAS
or
Pro:asc2mk4_prof ENG UK 9001

If you download the zip just do this part.

Make an ISO image of the 2008-1 DVD
Open the 2008-1.ISO image with UltraIso or similar;

6) Modify the ISO image with these steps:
a) Add camera_splash.jpg to the "\TPD\Icons" folder
b) Add POI_CAMERA.PNG to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ICONS\RR" folder.
c) Add POI_CAMERA.PNG to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ICONS\NAVIOX" folder.
d) Modify your ENG.LSC with the amendments of "Modded-patch-ENG.LSC" then save in "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG" folder.
e) Add 0081.idx to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\TABLES\0" folder. (this is for the UK entry only, note; no copyright data here, only free EU data)
f) Add 0082.url to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\TABLES\0" folder. (this is for the UK entry only, note; no copyright data here, only free EU data)
g) Add 0083.idx to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\TABLES\0" folder. (this is the EU part of the db, only free EU data)
h) Add 0084.url to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\TABLES\0" folder. (this is the EU part of the db, only free EU data)
i) Add SF_CAMERASUK.HTM to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\SE" folder.
j) Add ST_CAMERASUK.HTM to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\SE" folder.
k) Add SF_CAMERASEU.HTM to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\SE" folder.
l) Add ST_CAMERASEU.HTM to the "\TPD\nccBeuFNM_eu_20070801\ENG\SE" folder.
7) Burn you modified ISO image to a DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW or DVD+RW

You should now have SPEED CAMERAS UK and SPEED CAMERAS EU as a POI option from the "Info/info on location/car" main catagory.

Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFUX5DUK

HTH, any trouble get in touch.

Sponsored Links