View Single Post
Old 08-28-2008, 06:45 AM

X5Flyboy is on a distinguished road
Yep! just did it last week. First let me say the rear Diamaris (285/45) were unavailable at the time. Also, I leaned toward the Latitudes due to most of my driving is in the Southeast (SC,GA,FL,NC) where rain & wet roads are a big worry. I feel I need a better wet weather tire than I've experienced with the Diamaris. If I lived out here in Idaho year round (only here for the summers and I've not seen ANY rain yet this summer), or lived in CA, I'd probably stick with the Diamaris. Winter excursions north, I put on a winter set of Pirelli Scorpion snow&ice on 17" 130 wheels. IMHO, "all-season" just gives you a false feeling of safety in winter driving.

I had 35k+ miles on the Diamaris with absolutely even wear, and could have gotten another 5k out of them. But as I'm heading back to SC (& hurricanes) in 3 weeks, I bit the bullet early as the Michelin dealer out here treats me very well. ($1276 - mounted, balanced, +tax)(19" staggered Sport setup) Great grip, put MAY be less handling vs the Diamaris, as it's not a true dry pavement tire
Life is not fair!
You can't protect people from their own stupidity!
Laughter makes life worth living

Sponsored Links