View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM

xfizzle is on a distinguished road
Without pics, here goes:
No tools required. No need to remove the washer fluid tank. My car is a 3.0 so I'm thinking the 4.4 has the same washer tank and in the same spot. The tank is big and white and if you are looking at the car from the front with the hood up, it will be on the left in the back. I think the cap is marked with a big 7.8L. The pump is on the back side. When you remove and replace the pump, some washer fluid is going to leak from the tank during the time it is all disconnected. It's only a little mess but you should do the repair in the driveway and then mop up any spills when you are done. It's really only going to be a couple ounces of washer fluid.

1. Remove the wiring harness from the pump--I think it's just a squeeze and pull connector. The pump is just held on to the tank with giant clips molded into the tank.

2. Look at your new pump--you will see two places for water connections--at the very bottom of the pump and the little spigot shooting off to the side.

3. Remove the hose from the spigot on the old pump--just wiggle and pull. At this point washer fluid will begin to come out of the spigot.

4. Then pull the pump straight up to remove it from the tank--now the washer fluid will be leaking from the tank where you removed the pump.

5. Put the new pump in by simply just pushing it in to the tank where the old pump was.

6. Put the hose on the spigot--push and wiggle it on.

7. You're done.

Sponsored Links