View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 09:57 AM

mysweetx5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpac View Post
This a great DIY Thanks for sharing. As you indicate we can only drain a part of the transmission fluid capacity. I am not 100% sure for the X5 but the following statement was true with most BMW's automatic transmissions in the past. Most of the transmission fuild is in the torque convertor which cannot be drained without dissassembling the transmission. The entire fluid can be refreshed though by flushing the transmission. To do that the fuild needs to be drained several times with new fuild and by running the car for few minutes each times. That will consume more than the full capacity of the transmission but it is a good way to replace the entire transmission fluid.
Themm!!! this is really freaking me out to perform because I don't want to mess-up my transmission worst by adding more or less oil fluid there. Once the system is such complicated like that, where you will never be able to drain out all the dirty oil that contained inside the (Transmission system) I rather leave it as it is, instead of going through all these procedure.. I wonder why BMW stated (Lifetime warranty for this type oil.

Sponsored Links