View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:13 AM

Dark5yde is on a distinguished road
Crankcase ventilation system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark5yde View Post
Yesterday dropped the X off at the dealer I bought it from to do a cooling system pressure test as well as cylinder checks. My coolant is going somewhere....my oil is a bit milky....My guess is head gasket or cracked head. I've never let the thing overheat or anything. They are hoping its the CV system kicking back moisture into the oil.
Well after the pressure test on the coolant system there was no leak. Same goes for the cylinder test. Did and oil change and the oil actually looked really good, not milky. He did the remove the oil cap while running test and the idle did not change. So his thought is that the CV system is plugged or blocked and that is causing the white residue on the cap and dipstick. My question is this, all I found on ECS is a tube that goes from the cover to the oil separator. I doubt that is my issue unless it is plugged solid. Could the separator (crankcase pressure regulator valve) be bad? I'm assuming its the CPRV should be changed as he said I would need to do a valve cover gasket along with it if I tackled it myself. Just looking for a bit of insight.

Sponsored Links