Pairing a phone to the 2005 Bluetooth ULF
Contributed by: X5World
Pairing Bluetooth Phone on 2005 with Assist
Starting with model year 2005's, BMW has installed an integrated Assist and
Bluetooth module as standard equipment. The only option you need to
purchase is the Voice Recognition (VR) module, which is now a stand-alone
device. In order to pair the Bluetooth phone, do the following:
1. Enable Bluetooth on your phone (this is phone-specific)
2. Press the R/T button on the steering wheel. The vehicle will
ask you for the Bluetooth passkey. Enter the passkey that is located on the
white laminated sheet that came with your BMW. (note: it should also be
located on the Assist/Bluetooth module as well)
3. The phone will pair with the vehicle and you will get the following
message displayed on the phone: "BMWXXXX" (BMW & the last 5 digits of your VIN).
Pairing is a one-time activity, so after this the phone will automatically
pair and update the address book every time you enter the vehicle. There
is a maximum of 4 devices that can be paired with the BMW Bluetooth ULF.
After a fifth device is paired it will bump off the first one paired (FIFO).
2005 BMW Bluetooth pairing TSB
E83 X3 Pairing Procedure:
1. Turn Key off and then to KL-R or KL-15
2. The vehicle is ready for pairing for the first 2 minutes of Key On
3. "Bluetooth Pairing" appears on the MID or Board Monitor
4. During the pairing process, depending on equipment, the indicator lights on MID or Board Monitor flash
5. Your mobile phone should now be set to search for BT devices. See the Owner's Manual for your particular phone handset
6. A request to enter a password, PIN, or code appears on the handset display, depending on your phone model. Enter the "Bluetooth Passkey" (supplied with the vehicle literature), using the numerical keys on the handset and confirm the input. Look for confirmation message on the handset.
7. To conclude the pairing processs turn the key off
8. Wait approximately 30 seconds before turning the key back on. The phone will now be connected when the key is turned on.